On Thursday, December 8, nearly 300 people turned out to celebrate the 20th Annual Poinsettia Awards luncheon hosted by the Ventura Chamber of Commerce. The event honored and recognized individuals and organizations that have truly stood out in our community as exemplary in the fields of business, education, and public service. This year, the luncheon was celebrated at the Marriott Ventura Beach and was attended by City officials, legislative representatives, the Ventura Unified School District, and the local business community.
During the event, the Chamber awarded recipients from the following categories:
• Small Business of the Year: MortgageCouch
• Large Business of the Year: Patagonia, Inc.
• Mid-Size Business of the Year: Gold Coast Acura
• Non-Profit of the Year: Ventura Education Partnership
• Citizen of the Year: Tom Spence
• Young Professional of the Year: Jordan Olaes
• Ambassador of the Year: Buzz Noe
• Environmental Excellence: BōKu Superfood
• City of Ventura Employee of the Year: Keith Fowler
• City of Ventura Supervisor of the Year: Kevin Cook
• City of Ventura Firefighter of the Year: Michael Westbrook
• City of Ventura Police officer of the Year: Craig Kelly
• Ventura Unified School District Male Student of the Year: Jesus Lara
• Ventura Unified School District Female Student of the Year: Aaliyah Staples-West
• Ventura Unified School District Educator of the Year: Alma Quezada
• Jewel Key: Tolman & Wiker Insurance Services, LLC
This event was proudly sponsored by: Montecito Bank & Trust, Ventura Auto Center, City of Ventura, Community Memorial Health System, Cal State Channel Islands, Four Points Sheraton, Gold Coast Acura, Ventura County Community Foundation, AT&T, Hofer Enterprises, Ventura Beach Marriott, Myers, Widders, Gibson, Jones & Feingold, LLC, Union Bank, MortgageCouch, Gold Coast Transit, Pacific Western Bank, Tolman & Wiker Insurance Services, LLC, Ventura Community Bank, Ventura County Star, Ventura Rental Party Center, Western States Petroleum Association, CAPS Media Center, Gold Coast Broadcasting, Luners Production Services, Pacific Coast Business Times, VC Reporter, Ventura Adult and Continuing Education (VACE) and Ventura County Breeze.